Welcome to the official Humber College Faculty Union’s website. The collective bargaining rights of partial-load and full-time professors, counsellors and librarians at Humber College are represented by Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) Local 562.
It is the union’s responsibility to advocate for faculty, and to monitor the implementation of our collectively bargained rights in the Humber and Guelph-Humber workplaces.
Partial-Load Faculty: Did you know that, when you sign a contract, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions?
The latest issue of NewsBreak is out! Read it here: October 2016
Workload & Step Information
- The Standard Workload Form (SWF) governs the assignment of teaching to full-time faculty. An explanation of the SWF is available here: SWF Essentials.
- An Annotated SWF is available here: Annotated SWF
- SWF Calculator: We have an Excel spreadsheet calculator that you can use to check your SWF on your own. Download and use this tool: SWF Calculator
- Initial Step Calculator: We have an Excel spreadsheet calculator that partial-load and full-time faculty can use to check initial salary step on your own.
Download here: Step Calculator for hourly paid rate or salary level.
- Note: The Union is currently in dispute with the College about the way the College calculates initial salary step placement. See the Issues – Salary Calculation page for more information.
- Progression through the Salary Grid: We have a chart that you can use to track your service on your own. Download here: Progression Through the Salary Grid Calculator